PMI-RMP® – PMI Risk Management Professional
With your advanced skills in risk management, you perform a specialized function attuned to the needs of a project environment that is increasingly global, virtual and complex. The PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) highlights your ability to identify and assess project risks, mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities. In this capacity, you enhance and protect the needs of your organization.
Gaining distinction as a PMI-RMP® sets you apart from other professionals and brings credit to your organization. Eighty-three percent of organizations that are high performers in project management practice risk management frequently while just 49 percent of low performers do so. The practice contributes to a handsome payoff: high performers meet their goals 2.5 times more often and waste 13 times less money than low performers, as found by our 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report.
If you’re ready for greater recognition, the PMI-RMP® will validate your specialized expertise and help you stand out to employers, stakeholders and peers.
Who should apply?
If you have advanced knowledge and experience in risk management, or if you are a project manager focused on project risk management, including for large projects and/or complex environments, then the PMI-RMP® is an excellent choice for you.
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent)
- 4,500 hours of project risk management experience
- 40 hours of project risk management education
- Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 3,000 hours of project risk management experience
- 30 hours of project risk management education