PMI-ACP® (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner)
Agile is a topic of growing importance in Project Management especially in the IT industry. The marketplace shows this trend, as Project Management Practitioners embrace Agile as a technique for managing successful projects. On account of this PMI is now offering Agile Project Management Certification.
The use of agile as an approach to managing projects has been increasing dramatically over the last several years. PMI’s research has shown that the use of agile has tripled since December 2008. Furthermore, research demonstrates the value that agile can have in decreasing product defects, improving team productivity, and increasing delivery of business value. The PMI-ACP® is positioned to recognize and validate knowledge of this important approach.
The combination of both agile and scrum leads to most effective functioning in your current job role as well as it will help your career to reach great heights in agile project management.
- Globally recognized and most respected Project Management Certification for practitioners of Agile methodologies. Establish your competency and legitimacy in Agile Project Management and gear up for quick Career Growth along Management Track.
- Continuing growth and usage of Agile practices in project Management. Many practitioners have added Agile to their “Project Management Toolbox” and use it as one of many techniques in managing successful Projects.
- Increase you visibility and become recognized within your organization and peer circle and pitch yourself for future Project Manager roles.
- Organizations that utilize Project Management to serve both internal and external clients are seeing value in Agile methods to deliver projects for these clients more quickly. As a result, more organizations and Project Management offices are asking their Project Managers to apply Agile Techniques.
Who should apply?
If you work on agile teams or if your organization is adopting agile practices, the PMI-ACP® is a good choice for you. Compared with other agile certifications based solely on training and exams, the PMI-ACP® is evidence of your real-world, hands-on experience and skill.
- 2,000 hours working on project teams
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies.
- 21 hours of education in agile practices.